Sunday, September 24, 2017

MOTHER! MOVIE REVIEW

MOTHER! MOVIE REVIEW - This is a great movie that relies on hidden meaning, symbolism and allegory. On the face of it, a woman busies herself settling into her new house, about ready to enjoy breakfast. When a stranger shows up suddenly at her door, she’s surprised her husband invites him to stay. Soon after, when the man's wife also shows up, she realizes things are not as they seem. That’s just the surface plot, because there is so much unapparent hidden meaning, when all the pieces tie together. A good percentage of viewers will likely react negatively to the violent imagery. But it’s not gratuitous in the sense of the greater mythos of the story.  Once this subtext is understood more and more audiences will get on board with this movie. Most certainly the script raises more questions than it answers. What is her husband writing? Who are all these people? Why don't they tell them to get out sooner? What is the purpose behind all the strange behaviors of the houseguests? And many more, I'm sure. I believe this film will be a classic of the horror thriller variety for years to come. 









7 comments:

  1. Not normally a horror movie person, but really interest in giving it a watch after reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like horror movie, but your review is very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a horror movie fan and When I read other reviews about this movie, I realized it is not a movie I'd ever see. As a mom, it's too unsettling, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a horror movie fan but still this movie seems compelling with the gripping story. Shall plan to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This movie seems interesting. I've heard mixed reviews on it, but I'd really like to check it out for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm intrigued by the trailers I've seen, but I don't typically watch horror though I love a great thriller. Do you think it is more horror or more thriller?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks as though my daughter and I will be having another 'Scary Movie' night. We full on scream! LOL!

    ReplyDelete