Sunday, October 9, 2011

PET SEMATARY

Pet SemataryPet Sematary by Stephen King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

PET SEMATARY – Pet Sematary by Stephen King is essentially a tale of soured ground; characters and plot unfold from that vantage. Early on, the author introduces several tension building aspects related to the cemetery: a busy highway, a rambunctious boy, a dead cat, a narrator neighbor (steeped in local history) and an Indian burial ground. The title references a graveyard for puppies and kitties of local boys and girls, reduced to road kill by speeding traffic. Who doesn’t remember a mock pet burial from childhood; where Fluffy was buried in a shoe box in the backyard? Pet Sematary is King at his best; a fast paced page turner with mystery, suspense and macabre.
Pet Sematary by Stephen King
View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. Awesome book! Stephen King is the king of scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I've never read a Stephen King novel because I don't like horror and just the covers scared me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read everything by King but the Tower series. LOVE HIM. One summer I read every collection of his short stories. He is a master at horror but also for digging out the darkest for the human psyche.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete